Saturday, August 24, 2013

Apartment Sweet Apartment

WE HAVE INTERNET, freaking finally. 
I have been wanting to blog about the little decorations I put together for the new apartment over summer, but figured i'd wait till they were all finished and put together.

I told you guys earlier that I got a little Goodwill/Garage Sale happy...so here are the final masterpiece how-to's :) 

PICTURE FRAME COLLAGE 

Yes, this is set up on the Goodwill floor. 
Each of these frames cost me $1 and the middle costed $3 .. sooo $12 for 10 frames? 
BARGAIN. 
And yes they're from Goodwill, let the haters hate. Cause once it's all put together
no one would even know.

After I purchased the frames, I went to Walmart and found a teal spray paint and a black chalk spray paint. Using the teal spray paint, I went over all of the frames to get rid of the horrid colors they once were (to later match the color scheme of my new room).

With the spray chalk paint, I made a chalk board using the big frame in the middle

( Spray a piece of ply wood,
 big enough to replace the glass in the frame)

Final Product! 


Here is the finished masterpiece how it is now!
 6 pictures, 3 square mirrors and a chalk board

These are some other decor items I purchased from Goodwill.
The tree statute was featured in a previous post, using little paper flowers
to fix up a plain piece. 

Once we get some flowers (from the many men in our lives...) we will fill
the teal vase (; 

Wine glasses also add a cute touch when turned upside down topped with a tea-lite candle. 





No comments:

Post a Comment