Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fast Meals for Long Days

Leaving to go back to school in 3 days..everyday gets more and more busy! 
But I still have to find time for meal prep and exercise to stay on track.

 How I was motivated to get up at 6am and do some cardio...?
Well I go on instagram as I'm laying in bed.. 
and see all the fitness girls posting how they're already at the gym :)
How easy is it to go through a drive-thru and grab a quick meal when you're in a rush? 
Or pick up the phone and order food from a restaurant down the street from your work? 
Yes.. VERY easy and VERY tempting. Especially when your co-workers are doing it!!
DON'T GIVE IN! 

One of the most important things to do when trying to eat healthy through-out 
your busy day is to prepare in advance. Cook up portions of different types of foods that you can use later to create meals. 

My fridge this morning had containers full of ground turkey, homemade marinara, spinach, spaghetti squash, fruit, grilled chicken, homemade spinach artichoke hummus, homemade peanut butter... and on and on. So I had to be a little creative and think of meals I could take with me to work for the 12 hours that I'd be there.

BREAKFAST:
I put together a smoothie with blueberries, half a banana, strawberries, kale, spinach, a scoop of strawberry protein powder, chia seeds, and almond milk. 
And
I made a pancake bowl
I decided to try throwing together random things for the pancake in hopes it would turn out delicious...which it did!!
Ingredients: Chocolate protein powder, egg whites, PB2, and chia seeds. 
Then for the inside I used fat-free vanilla yogurt with strawberry slices and drizzled honey
SO TASTY! 

LUNCH/SNACK

 For my lunch and snack I packed
Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Marinara
Spaghetti Squash is super easy to make. All you have to do is place the squash
in the microwave for 10 minutes. Cut it open, and scrape the sides with a fork!
Apples, Strawberries, and homemade peanut butter was my snack.

 DINNER:
For dinner tonight I packed a wrap that I threw together
Whole wheat tortilla with homemade spinach artichoke hummus, grilled chicken, and spinach
...Lets hope it tastes good :)

First way to changing your eating habits..
is changing what's in your food cabinets!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment