Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Banana + Egg = PANCAKES & DIY Skyline Canvas

EASIEST BREAKFAST EVER
 Everything you need is in this picture!
I used 1 banana and 1 egg
1. Mash the banana
2. Add the egg, stir.
3. Add mixture to a greased skillet
4. Cook just like a pancake
5. Enjoy! With your preferred toppings :)  

DIY Skyline Canvas 
(easy for kids too!)

In the midst of getting my apartment decor together, 
I figured I'd share my latest canvas design with you!


What You Need
Canvas
Newspaper
Picture of Skyline
Paint
Glue

There is my canvas and skyline of Madison
Then painted a sky onto the canvas, over the entire surface

  Cut  your newspaper to the shape of skyline
Use a think black sharpie marker to color in lines, windows,
walls, etc. of your choice
Paint each individuals part of the skyline a different color

My skyline is going to be two layers.
So I glued the back layer on first to the canvas. 
Cut out strips of paper and fold them forward and backward
 alternating until you get a slinky form.
Glue these to your back layer as well. 


I then pressed the top layer of my skyline onto each paper slinky
by adding a dab of glue. 
( It's hard to see in that picture, but my top layer does pop out, giving it a 3D look. )

& I went over the black sharpie lines since the watercolor
made it fade a bit. I also added glitter to the lake and "Madison" at the top



No comments:

Post a Comment