Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chocolate Fudge & Midnight Munchies

I've had a fudge recipe I've been dying to make, so tonight was THE night! 

Above are the only ingredients you need!
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder

Mix all of these ingredients together and place in a bendable container.
I used this plastic tray used to make jello jelly beans.

Freeze mixture for several hours until it reaches fudge form.


LATE NIGHT HUNGER?
I am not opposed at all. I ALWAYS get hungry at night..who knows why.
Sometimes I go straight to bed for this reason because I know it's out of pure boredom. 

BUT
If you're going to eat something, be somewhat smart about it
Today I was craving frozen yogurt ALL DAY! So when I got home, in order to get rid of this craving, I constructed this tastyyy dessert. 


Frozen Cool Whip is SUCH a good substitute for ice cream (not the healthiest..but the most convincing). The flavor, temperature, and consistency makes you actually feel like you're eating ice cream. I topped it with blueberries, strawberries, and 1/2 tablespoon of homemade almond butter. 

**Although it's usually best to choose a snack that is high in protein that will fill you up fast
Example: cottage cheese, almonds, avocado, reduced fat cheese, etc. 

HOW TO PREVENT HUNGER AT NIGHT
1. Eat Small meals Frequently throughout the day
2. Increase fiber in your diet
3. Choose high-protein foods
4. Establish meal times and patterns
5. Know the difference between emotional/physical hunger vs. boredom
6. Eat dinner later
7. Stay busy


No comments:

Post a Comment