Monday, August 5, 2013

Zucchini Hot Pocket & Homemade Marinara

OF COURSE there's a way to make a healthy hot pocket :) 
and it is damn good, let me tell ya.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large zucchini
1 tbsp Flax Meal
2 tbsp Oat Flour
Italian Seasonings

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Shred Your zucchini and drain excess water
( I should have drained mine more)

3. Combine Zucchini with Flax Meal, Oat Flour
and TONS of seasonings. I used Mrs. Dash Table Blend
and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb

4. Set mixture onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet
Let cook for 30 minutes at 350

MEANWHILE
Homemade Marinara

For the inside of my hot pocket, I created my own marinara sauce

You can buy a can of crushed tomatoes, but I dont 
like the salts and other additives
SO
1. Cut up tomatoes and get them crushed in a food processor



2. Heat up olive oil and garlic cloves in a skillet
3. Add crushed tomatoes and let simmer 

FINISHING THE HOT POCKET

Once your zucchini crust has baked
5. Cut in half and add the inner ingredients of your choice
I have a slice of Go Veggie! Mozzarella cheese, Ground turkey, and the marinara sauce

6. Take other half of crust and place over top the ingredients
7. Insert hot pocket back into oven for another 15 minutes

anddd THATS ALL FOLKS
your hot pocket is finished :)
 yes, it's that easy and it is very delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment