Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Healthy Out-Of-Home

DONT POUT BECAUSE 
YOU CANT EAT OUT
…where there's a will, there's a WAY

I'm going to show you
three occasions where I ate
out on NON-CHEAT days 
and how I ended the day hitting
EVERY macro.

Location
--> Crossroads Bar and Grill in Chicago, IL


FIRSTLY: I checked out the menu before 
we got there to make sure I had some type of guidance
and visual of what the options were.
and didn't open the menu and choose whatever I 
thought sounded the yummiest.

SANDWICHES, SIDES, 
EXTRAS, and CHEESE 
(to choose from)


MY MEAL:
-Grilled Chicken Breast BLACKENED with 
SWISS CHEESE and STEAMED BROCCOLI

TIPS: 
- Avoid any extra sauces
(cajun, bbq, buffalo sauces)
- Be smart with your sides
-Can't fathom getting rid of the
big, thick, burger bun? Eat Half!

AND; I still had Macros left over
for ice cream at the United Center :)


Location
---> Kohan Sushi in Chicago IL


FIRSTLY;
Again, I researched the menu options
before I arrived. I knew i wanted to have the best
of both worlds SUSHI ROLL and CHICKEN VEGETABLES
SO, I made sure to find a place that had both
sushi options and entree options

MY MEAL:
California Roll -> You got your vegetables (cucumber),
your healthy fats (avocado), your carbs (Rice), and your
protein (Crab)
Chicken Teriyaki Entree -> You got your vegetables (carrot,
zucchini, green bean, peppers), your carbs (rice), and
your protein (chicken)

TIPS:
- Avoid Sauce: A lot of rolls include "spicy
mayo" and other variations of mayo/ranch, STAY AWAY. 
AND, boy was I glad I got that teriyaki on the side because
it had the consistency of jello, YUCK STAY AWAY.
Chinese Sauces are FULL of sodium, sugar, and bad things :)
- Say BYE to FRIED: Steer clear of rolls that mention "deep
fried" for obvious reasons! This menu particularly had
many deep fried roll options. no.
- Portion Control: The rice shown in this picture is
half as much as they gave me. Since I have a boyfriend
who likes to get his GAINS, I gave him the other half
so my portion would be about 1/2c. 
ALSO, my eyes are ALWAYS bigger than
my stomach which is my problem when going
out for sushi. I see many many rolls that
i would really love. Not going to lie, there were tons
of rolls I wanted to order along side that California roll,
however after finishing this meal i was SO EXTREMELY full
and thankful I didn't have another roll to take down.

Location
Eggcited Pancake House in Naperville, IL


BREAKFAST, most IMPORTANT MEAL
of THE DAY!

FIRSTLY;
Again, I researched the menu beforehand,
I usually ALWAYS do this when I know
ill be heading out for a meal. 
I knew I wanted something with lots of protein that would
fill me up for the day!

Build your own options are GREAT this way
you can cater your meal to your goals.

MY MEAL:
Egg whites
Mozzarella Cheese
(hard for a Sconnie to skip the cheese)
Spinach
WITH
English Muffin
Fruit

TIPS:
- Side Savvy Substitutions- If you know what type of side
you want, SAY IT. English muffin was not listed as
an option to substitute the toast/pancakes with! 
Explore various side substitutions, here I substituted the 
hash browns for fruit
-Eggcellent- Most restaurants usually ALWAYS offer
egg whites as an egg substation. UTILIZE THIS. Egg whites are
full of PROTEIN, PROTEIN, and PROTEIN. Nothing else.
Very very very little fat and 0 carbs. Awesome go to and will
keep you full!


Dining Out doesn't have to be
a cheat meal!! 

YOU CAN DO IT!
 Be smart, use your sources,
 and
 don't lose your will power



No comments:

Post a Comment